Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Loganholme, QLD
Construction has recently completed of a new meeting house for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Loganholme. This will be a place of regular worship, recreational events, and social gatherings for up to three local congregations. The facility also includes five new teaching rooms, offices, kitchenette and amenities along with parking for 290 vehicles.
Project Design Brief
Designers were required to incorporate an on-site stormwater detention system to alleviate runoff into the nearby Logan River. The underground tank needed to cater for the storage of both pavement surface water and water from the various roof systems. As well as spread the peak flow of a storm event over a long period, the 550m3 tank needed to be trafficable, durable, easy to install and maintain.
- StormBrixx® SD geocellular stormwater management system
- ACO’s Technical Service Department provided the designer with structural calculations, installation drawings and a bill of quantity
- The lightweight stackable design simplifies delivery and site logistics and is also quick and easy to assemble on site
- Tested independently to certify structural integrity for long term installation
- Brick bonding and cross bonding feature provides unparalleled stability in the construction of the tank
- Access units together with the unique pillar configuration enables entry into the tank for maintenance and inspection with a camera